About > Jobs
Seedstock EDGE Production Manager
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Production Manager will coordinate the production of the Seedstock EDGE, the official publication of the National Swine Registry (NSR). The Production Manager will manage all magazine advertising efforts and contribute content to all communication platforms used by the NSR.
Location: NSR Office, West Lafayette, Ind.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or another relevant field.
- Deadline driven – with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Extreme attention to detail and organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to work across teams.
- Agriculture and livestock background is preferred, but not required.
- Must be willing to take on moderate travel responsibilities to NSR events (up to 20% of time). Travel responsibilities include overnight and weekend requirements for NSR events.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong writing and editing skills; familiarity with AP Style.
- Basic foundation in photography and video production is preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting system is preferred but not required.
- Coordinate the production of the Seedstock EDGE.
- Collaborate with NSR Marketing & Communications team to build content and create editorial schedule for the magazine.
- Contribute feature articles to the Seedstock EDGE and coordinate with NSR staff and outside freelance writers for content creation.
- Assist with editing all magazine content and ad copy in AP Style.
- Manage all advertising efforts for the Seedstock EDGE.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all magazine advertising communication.
- Collect ad copy, manage customer information and organize ad details.
- Maintain Marketing & Communications Department lists and databases using Microsoft Excel, including the online list-serve and current advertisers.
- Collaborate with NSR Marketing & Communications team to contact customers and secure advertising sales and annual advertising contracts.
- Seek new marketing avenues for members by expanding the target audience, increasing revenue and providing additional services.
- Represent NSR Marketing & Communications team at NSR shows and events.
- Assist NSR Social Media Coordinator & Assistant Editor with show coverage on NSR media platforms.
- Collect, organize and post event results on the NSR blog.
- Work across teams while at NSR shows & sales to assist with event activities.
- Fulfill cross-department duties as needed
- Work closely with the NSR Controller on a weekly basis.
Description is not all-inclusive and responsibilities may be added or altered.
Applications for the Seedstock EDGE Production Manager position are due by Friday, March 31. The NSR reserves the right to close applications prior to date if a qualified candidate is identified.
Forward resumes, cover letter and a list of three reference contacts to:
Stephen Weintraut II, Director of Marketing & Communications
National Swine Registry
2639 Yeager Road
West Lafayette, IN 47906